“Healthy Heart Happy Life” is a non-government, non-profit, non-political, voluntary organization based on the slogan “charity, awareness and research for humanity”. The organization chiefly contributes to human development through creating awareness on different issues, carrying out research and providing humanitarian services.
In Bangladesh, there is serious deficiency in epidemiological information and disease-specific database of our own, research in health sector is also not upto the mark. No country can pinpoint its problems without research and relevant databases. Solving the problem and development is not possible without identifying the problems first. On this background, to fill the gap, Healthy Heart Happy Life Organization was formed by some research-oriented doctors and like-minded professionals from different fields.
Mission & Vision
To work on developing awareness amongst the people from all walks of life about healthy heart and cardiovascular diseases. The main reasons behind cardiovascular diseases are smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes, abnormal blood lipid, obesity, etc. The prime objective of the organization is to aware people of these risk factors and to encourage people to act accordingly to prevent and control the deadly heart and vascular diseases.
The children and the youth are the future of the nation. Because of socioeconomic transition, food habit, smoking and drug dependence, lack of physical activities, etc. are causing the younger generation to develop and suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, abnormal blood fats, heart disease, stroke and so on. The Organization intends to focus on this vulnerable group, so that they can possess healthy life without being victims of the evils of life.
- To work for illicit drugs- and tobacco-free life and environment.
- To promote awareness for maternal and women’s health, especially for breast and uterus cancer.
- To work for reduction of child and maternal mortality and to work on family planning and birth control measures.
- To provide health care support at low price to the poor people and the slum dwellers.
- To arrange “psycho-social counselling” to eliminate and control frustration, anxiety, restlessness, suicidal tendency and drug addiction.
- To create public awareness for autism, to work on autism, and to take up rehabilitation program for the autistics.
- To promote introduction of health insurance among people from all walks of life.
- Social afforestation can improve health. The HeLO organization aims to act for tree plantation.
- The Organization likes to promote the concept of healthful living amongst different professional groups like lawyers, cultural activists, teachers, writers, and corporate employees.
- Garment workers are the neglected sector of the society despite their well-recognized contribution to the economy of the country. Our organization aims to work for the better health of these people.